Sales leads get worked up over time and eventually become futile. Besides, all the existing leads your business possesses may not be of equal importance.
Today, customers are evolving in terms of communication media, trends, and lifestyles.
That’s why you not only need to reshuffle your current list of existing and potential leads, but also make timely approaches in order to reach out to solid customers at the end of the day.
In a nutshell, you must revitalize your prospecting activities to up the game for your business.
In this article, we’ll share six best sales prospecting techniques that actually work for your enterprise.
So, without any further ado, let’s find out those six wonderful sales prospecting techniques in the following.
1. Keep up the Prospecting Activities
Remember, prospecting activities aren’t just a once-in-a-lifetime shot. It’s an ongoing task requiring an appropriate amount of time, resources, and skills.
If you’re thinking lately that setting aside a single block of time every week will do the trick, think twice. You know very well how enormously big a single client prospecting task is, including research, client profile, listing, communication, deals, and results of the particular tasks.
Hence, the smart move is to keep a chunk of time every day for prospecting activities while being consistent, patient, and honest to those hours until you land a fortune.
Skipping precious days will not only make you slow in the process, but it may cost you potential clients that are growing in numbers around the corner.
2. Learn about Psychology of Sales
In order to sell your service or product, you must hit the core of your potential buyers. In plain words, you’ve got to learn how the psychology of your buyers works.
There are several aspects of a buyer’s psychology that triggers them to purchase something, whether it’s a simple pen or a million-dollar service. It all goes down to one thing— drive.
One of the most influential drives for purchasing anything is impulse or emotion. Technically, if you can hold your nerve until you grab your prospect’s drive i.e., the need for something, you’re ahead of your game.
However, you may try to read your customer’s mind by applying six principles of persuasion by Cialdini. Those six revolutionary principles are:
- Reciprocity which encourages us to return the favor to someone who’s helped us before
- Authority which regulates whom we should trust given their trust and credibility
- Commitment which entails consistently executing things the way we’ve conducted in the past
- Scarcity which forces us to grab what’s less available than what’s affluent
- Likability which drives us to make reliable connections to achieve something valuable
- Consensus which regulates our thought process based on choices of mass groups
3. Spice up those Warm Calls
We’re not saying that you should throw all your cold calls in the garbage. What we’re emphasizing here is to push those warm calls that may give your company a more substantial return.
Warm calls are those leads which you might’ve engaged in your service propositions, social media posts, advertisements, campaigns, etc. Being a good salesman, it’s your duty to keep note of all those warm calls in detail while being able to track them down when extremely required. These are like your sown seeds that must sprout by now with some fortune for the business.
According to some expert reports, warm calls generate about fifteen times more sales than cold calls. For instance, your sales team will need to make 2,500 cold calls a month to make 50 sales whereas only about 160 warm calls would suffice to make the same number of successful sales.
Now you see the magic!
4. Data, Data, and More Data
If you’re still seeking where’s your gold mine of sales prospecting, look for them in your analytical database. It’s all in the digging, you see.
You’ll be losing enormous invaluable data if you miss out on the cold emails insights, daily activities, engagement analytics, and outcomes.
For instance, below are a few ways to analyze the data of your daily sales prospecting activities, focusing on cold emails:
- Have your prospect opened your email but hasn’t responded? It might be a sign of lack of interest in your company or yourself.
- Is your email still Unread? It indicates a poor subject-line on your cold email.
- Has your prospect opened the email and clicked on the offer link? Still no approach from the client’s end? It’s probably because something has made him change his mind. Jobcase
- Is your email consistently reaching their Spam folders? Check with your server and IT section.
You can use the above information as a valuable resource to correct, modify, and plan out a better prospecting approach next time.
5. Try out Professional Online Platforms
- Making rapid public awareness of your company via professional online platforms You can’t deny the significance and power of platforms like LinkedIn, , Data.com, AngelList, and so much more.
Millions of professionals with zero to massive experience and expertise are joining these wonderful platforms almost every month.
These are not only platforms for connecting, but for making an impact on the prospects’ opinions of your business. For example, LinkedIn facilitates how to make connections with prospective partners, loyal customers, same-field professionals, etc., while enabling tracking of competitors too.
Nonetheless, such professional sites are not only connecting B2B customers, but a significant amount of B2C customers as well.
6. Don’t Ignore Referrals
You can’t beat the importance of referrals. You just can’t alter the customer’s psychology of purchasing, which mostly relies on what others are buying. There comes the roleplay of referrals.
If one of your loyal customers has purchased something from you and received standard post-purchase service, they ought to tell others who might be interested in your products or services too.
Although referrals make a small contribution to the company’s monthly and yearly revenue, it can add to the total revenue besides spreading the message to more prospects.
We hope you’ll be pleased to have six sales prospecting techniques and utilize them to their fullest potential. Sales prospecting techniques aren’t merely some tips, these are lifelong practices which establish and extend your business successfully.
It doesn’t matter if you’re dealing with online or offline business, reaching out to your prospective customers will always require some of these tips we’ve just shared above.